Taking On The Gov: #NoGasTax

Posted on Updated on

This morning I had an opportunity to spar with Governor Christie over his proposed gas tax.  It took a bit of an ugly turn… Take a listen!

6 thoughts on “Taking On The Gov: #NoGasTax

jean said:
    June 30, 2016 at 12:18 pm

I find it disturbing that our governor thinks

Senior citizens are the only people on a fixed income as he stated this morning. Anyone working is on a fixed income or worse with the fear of being “downsized” and having to collect unemployment. Now another version of fixed income. Can I ask my employer for a raise to pay for the gas money it takes to get to work? Won’t happen.

Lee Krislow said:
    June 30, 2016 at 12:42 pm

This Governor is not only arrogant, but he is extremely rude. Bill conducted himself in a very professional manner, while Christie took nothing but pot shots at him. Maybe if our elected representatives didn’t squander our tax dollar’s in the first place, we wouldn’t even be discussing this today.
    Every state has is problems and issues, but I can honestly cannot wait until my wife and I move the hell out of here.

Bob Williams said:
    June 30, 2016 at 1:30 pm

By far and away, not the best look for our Governor. I’ve supported him when most didn’t, but he really sounds out of touch. The goal here is if he becomes a VP candidate, we hear the “largest tax cut in NJ in 21 years” on a continuous loop, regardless of how true or false that statement may be.

Should this law pass, please remember all those that voted in favor. Long gone is the “Hey…at least we have cheap gas!” narrative. There is nothing these idiots in Trenton won’t do to burden the citizens of NJ and if you need proof of that, break down the pension crisis!

Chris said:
    June 30, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Christie showed what Spadea is to him: a pawn to be disrespected, demolished, and discarded when the opportunity arises. Bill, I thought there was more heart there. Unfortunate.

Linda said:
    June 30, 2016 at 8:46 pm

I don’t understand why the Governir didn’t hold back the negotiations for something we wanted lowering property taxes either by pension and retiree healthcare reform or even the school funding. . They ( both parties ) both want something , it should have been an incentive for each party to get it . How is that not an easier solution ??? Why bother with the town halls ?
    Just get the property taxes down by a fair negotiation ! I don’t agree lowering sales tax is fair. A lot of people are so burdened with property taxes we certainly are not spending 450 dollars in sales taxes that the governor mentioned !

Linda said:
    June 30, 2016 at 9:06 pm

I generally support Governor Christie ,but I don’t understand why the Governor didn’t hold back the negotiations for something we wanted lowering property taxes either by pension and retiree healthcare reform or even the school funding. . They ( both parties ) each want something , , it should have been treated as an incentive for each party to get it . How is that not an easier solution ??? Why bother with the town halls ?
    Let’s Just get the property taxes down by a fair negotiation ! I don’t agree lowering sales tax is fair. A lot of people are so burdened with property taxes in their own budgets ! I disagree we certainly are not spending 450 dollars in sales taxes that the governor mentioned !